||Please consult your taxicab operator regarding fares for taxi trips back to the Airport.
Taxicabs are dispatched from convenient locations on the arrivals curb just outside the baggage claim areas of each terminal. Uniformed taxicab dispatchers are stationed at each taxicab dispatch area to assist passengers with selecting a taxicab based on destinations in Washington DC, Virginia, or Maryland.
The uniformed taxicab dispatchers are also available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns and to assist passengers with disabilities in selecting a wheelchair accessible taxicab. If a wheelchair accessible taxicab is not available within the dispatch system an accessible taxicab will be called to the Airport. Passengers with disabilities are encouraged to contact the taxicab dispatch office 24 hours in advance at 703-417-4333 to make pre-arrangements to ensure these services are available when needed.
Taxicab stands are conveniently located near the Arrivals (baggage claim) exits of each terminal. Dispatchers at each stand will help you select a taxicab based on your destination in Washington DC, Virginia, or Maryland. No advance reservations are required—service is on a first-come, first-served basis.
All taxicabs dispatched at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport must have and use taxi meters.
What to Expect
1. The driver must have an Airport Taxi Operator’s Permit prominently displayed while the taxicab is on the airport.
If you have a question or comment about your taxicab service, please forward the number of the taxi operator's permit with a copy of your receipt (showing the information requested in item 3) along with the relevant information and your day-time telephone number to:
2. The driver must display his local license to operate a taxicab (the so-called "face card”) and a schedule of rates issued by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Commission.
3. The driver must give a receipt showing the driver’s name, name of the taxicab company (if any), the taxicab number, the time and place of origin and destination of each trip and the amount of the fare on an authorized form when requested to do so by a passenger.
4. All taxicabs determine fares by operation of a meter. Meter must be turned on after (not before) you enter the cab.
5. All taxicabs are required to take the most direct route to their destinations.
6. Taxicab rates are established by the jurisdiction in which the taxicab is licensed.
7. Interstate fares are regulated by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Commission (WMATC).
8. The driver must wear a shirt with a collar, long pants or a skirt, and shoes (not sandals) with socks or stockings.
9. The driver must not smoke in the taxicab when passengers are present.
10. The driver must operate a taxicab that is clean and maintained in good repair.
11. The driver must operate a taxicab that is equipped with air conditioning which shall be turned on when the outside temperature exceeds 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Driver must comply with passenger request to turn air conditioning on or off.
12. The driver must not act in a discourteous manner towards passengers or persons seeking transportation.
13. Credit card options are available. Please notify Taxicab Dispatcher if paying by credit card.
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Washington, D.C. 20001
For further assistance regarding taxicab service, please call (703) 417-0981.